Note de ce sujet :
  • Moyenne : 0 (0 vote(s))
KNX Hardware not workng
Hi Everybody,

Greetings!

I am new to KNX and has recently started some little work on KNX.
I have bought following items from Tapko Technologies GmbH

http://www.tapko.de/sim-knx.html
http://www.opternus.com/en/tapko/sim-knx.html

1. SIM-KNX Module
2. SIM-KNX-EVAL

I have connected SIM-KNX-EVAL to Serial Port of Desktop Computer and tried to send commands through the Test Application given by Tapko (developed in VC++). However, the SIM-KNX-EVAL is not responding (I have checked the serial port working and it is working well).

Also I am not getting any signal on KNX Bus. Please help me on how to resolve this issue.

a. Am I doing any mistake here?
b. Do I need to connect any External KNX Power Supply to make it working?
c. If Yes, can I use normal Regulated Power Supply?
d. Do it need to connect any KNX Enabled Device / Appliance?
e. How to make sure that the Device which I have bought are working perfectly?

Waiting for your suggestion.

Regards,

Dinesh
Répondre
Hello,

Unless you reverted the power supply, I don't see any reason for the hardware to be faulty...

First, double-check your serial link: it is easy to use the wrong cable (normal <-> null-modem); don't know which one you need here (check documentation). Also check the parameters (baudrate, bits, start/stop...). I guess that whatever the KNX bus status is, you should be able to communicate.

For the KNX bus part, yes, you need to connect a power supply. And no, you can't use a regular power supply: you either need a KNX one, or use a shoke between a regular 29V power supply and you bus.

Once the KNX power supply is connected, your device should be able to communicate, even if there is no other device connected (you won't gate any answer to read commands, that's all).

Feel free to ask for more questions.

Répondre
Hello there! I am newbie here .

Hello

I have a new equipment KNX, when i hit the learning bouton, the learning LED is flashing and orange is that normal.
Répondre

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)